Friday, May 4, 2012

adios temuco

In these last days in Temuco, I'm seeing everything again for the first time. When you know you will be leaving a place soon, suddenly you appreciate things more. The process of remembering begins with how aware I am in the present, what I choose to store away in my memory, and what I choose to photograph. This city didn't exactly capture my heart and soul at the beginning (or even at the end), but it is leaving its mark in friendships, personal growth, and humility. Most of my days have been basic (work, eat, socialize, sleep) and somehow in that daily existence I have seen things that I wasn't oriented towards before. I have always been a future-focused person, maybe even impatient with life. Temuco has been a good teacher in the richness of the quotidian, the six senses, and finding ways to be myself in another language.

No comments:

Post a Comment